Monday, December 1, 2014

Button Ups

Thank you, thank you to this blogger for making me not feel like I am the only person in the world who calls shirts that button up the front "button up" shirts and not "button down" shirts (which I would only use for e.g., old-school oxford shirts with button down collars).

My favorite ways to wear a button up shirt are:
1) With a sweater vest
2) With a pullover sweater
3) With a cardigan or blazer (tied)
4) Under a sleeveless dress

Or, you know, under an Alice in Wonderland t-shirt worn as a vest with a blazer on top!

5 comments:

Tam said...

There are people who don't say "button up" shirts? Weird.

Sally said...

Thank you for your validation! :)

Tam said...

I thought "button down" was just an idiom meaning, like, a preppy grown-up.

Tam said...

Or a repressed grown-up. Something like that.

Sally said...

Interesting...I wonder where that came from.