Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dressed for the Holiday...or Not

Day 15: Color Blocked -- Wednesday, 11/26/14

There is nothing that screams "day before Thanksgiving," while it's snowing outside, like the bright, spring-like hues of pink and teal, right?  Right?!?!


Pink/green/purple/white striped button up shirt (thrifted, Bass)
*Pink sweater vest (thrifted, Fieldgear)
*Dark teal pencil skirt (JCP)
Grey tights (Kohls)
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles

Verdict: I wish I'd worn a chunky silver tone necklace with this but otherwise, it was fabulous.  The bright pink color was very cheery on a cold, snowy day, and despite the fact that my arms were only covered with a thin layer of cotton, I didn't get cold wearing it (as long as I kept my heating pad turned on).  These tights are Apt 9 brand, if I recall correctly, and I love how they look.  They are not as opaque as the Spanx and have a different color and texture -- darker and more heathery.  But alas, they are also not as warm as the Spanx.  I am in the market for fleece-lined tights now, and perhaps next weekend I will check out the selection of $4/pair fleece-lined tights at Walmart.  (They were sold out online.  Of course, Walmart's online shopping is pretty much a joke.)

2 comments:

Tam said...

On my monitor, the vest looks orange, which makes it very appropriate for Thanksgiving indeed!

Sally said...

There's nothing that says Thanksgiving like dressing like a pumpkin.