Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Green Leopards Live in the Forest

Living the Green -- Sunday, 12/7/14

One of the benefits to our ridiculously warm apartment is that on the weekends, when our neighbors are home blasting their heaters, I can often get away with wearing a single layer of clothing.  And a scarf.  Because: scarf.

In addition to silly lapin swag, I also ordered myself some new long-sleeved knit shirts from Kohls and Macy's for my birthday.  I have often bought Lands End, but for some reason, they didn't have the colors I wanted in my preferred style from them.  But luckily, Kohls and Macy's came through with some thick knit T-shirts in a range of colors.  (I love the thin, lightweight knits made with modal fabric for sleeping in, but have a strong preference for thick knits for normal shirts -- I like the added structure that the thicker knits offer.)

Today I'm wearing the "spruce night" shade of this v-necked Karen Scott shirt from Macy's.   I bought a size large and it fit well.  Oddly, I also bought what I thought was the same shirt from the description, only with a scoop neck, and it was a tad too small.  (I bought two Vs and two scoops, and both Vs fit and both scoops were too small -- due to this inconsistency, I assume it's something to do with the actual styles themselves and not that the shirts were different only because of sloppy sizing a la Old Navy.)  For $10.98 minus whatever amount the sale is on any given day at Macy's (never shop at Macy's without looking for a coupon/sales code), I can recommend it.

Also, in the process of trying on clothes to find things to donate to Goodwill prior to our move next month, I found that I have several old long-sleeved Walmart knit shirts that I thought were too small and/or clingy and/or old and worn out to wear by themselves that actually look just fine.  Two cheers for shopping the closet.  Better yet, I did not duplicate the colors of the old shirts when I bought the new ones.  Perhaps at some level, I remembered that I had red, maroon, and blue long-sleeved T-shirts, even though I hadn't been wearing them.  Sometimes keeping old stuff in your closet screws you up because you have a mental check mark next to Clothing Item X and don't buy another one, but when you want to wear X, you look at it and remember, Oh yeah, this item isn't workable after all.  But in this case, my laziness about going through my closet might have helped me.  Of course, better still is being conscientious about trying on the clothes from your closet regularly so you remember what you have and how it fits.  I could have been wearing that blue shirt all along!


*Forest green long-sleeved T (Macy's)
Green leopard scarf (thrifted)
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target)
Light brown ankle boots by Easy Spirit

No comments: