Sunday, September 28, 2014

More Pencil Skirts: Part 1

I started off the week with floral patterns.

Monday Tiers -- Mon., 9/15/14

Luckily, having to go back to work on Monday does not make me cry, but I decided to wear this skirt with tiers anyway.  I actually don't know how to describe it -- the name of the skirt had some term like shutterfold in it.  Anyway, it's folded so it looks like it is made of horizontal tiers, whatever that's called.  It's also insanely comfortable.


* Black knit "tiered" pencil skirt (JCP)
Black/yellow/blue floral knit top (thrifted, Kohls)
Mustard flats (6pm)
Green-blue scarf (Target?)

Tie a Green Ribbon Around That Cat -- Tues., 9/16/14

I would not normally have thought, Hey, I know what goes with a watermelon/floral skirt and a shirt with ribbons tied into fans!  A scarf with cats on it!  But I felt that the scoop neck was a little low for some combination of propriety and warmth, so I put on the scarf.  I ended up adding a short-sleeved black cardigan at the last minute for additional warmth and wore that in the morning -- the outfit actually looked a little more coherent that way, but who is going to fault me for random kitties?


* Green ribbon-front knit shirt (thrifted, Talbots)
Green/pink floral pencil skirt (thrifted, Talbots)
Black cat scarf (Nordstrom?)
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)

1 comment:

mom said...

Can't go wrong with cats or bunnies!