Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Start of the School Year: Part 1

Loving My Striped Rocket Dog Sneaks - Saturday, 8/30/14

Even though the weather cooled down enough to pull out a long-sleeved shirt (part wool, no less) and a lightweight scarf, at least for wearing indoors, I had to keep the official sneakers of my summer in rotation.  Just the thing for a lunch outing to eat a gigantic chicken salad at Outback Steakhouse, where there was an older guy with (presumably) a couple of his daughters who...Jesus, this dude had an extremely loud voice.  Even after moving several booths away from him, it was still almost impossible not to follow his, well, I hesitate to call it conversation...let's say, lengthy oratory on subjects which I (thank god) no longer remember.  Girls, it's time to have the hearing aid discussion with your dad.


Blue long-sleeved knit top (Lands End)
Blue jeans (Kohls)
Blue tie-die scarf (Kohls)
Blue/white striped sneakers by Rocket Dog

Bright Colors For the First Day of School - Tuesday, 9/2/14

I definitely did not go for a traditional first day of school outfit here, but when I'd been thinking I wanted to wear this striped linen skirt again, I immediately thought of this t-shirt, and I was happy it was something of a match.  Yep, there is a lot going on here.  I expected that people would be blinded by this shirt, but two of my co-workers mentioned liking my fish necklace.  Of course, it could be that they noticed it because of the sound.  It makes a very realistic fish sound.  Like, "...".


Brown/pink floral t-shirt (Eddie Bauer)
Brown/pink striped linen skirt (thrifted, Target)
Radiant orchid flats by Born
Fish charm necklace (Ann Taylor)

1 comment:

mom said...

The guy at Outback needed to use his indoor voice.