Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Attack of the Pencil Skirts: Part 2

A Substitute (Isn't it a Bit Early in the School Year For That?) - Wednesday, 9/10/14

I was going wear a pencil skirt on Wednesday, but after getting to work on Monday and looking at the calendar for the week, I realized I had an off-site meeting (at a high school) on Wed. and I prefer wearing pants in these situations.  So I put together several stand-by items Tuesday night and the resulting outfit was that mix of understated, professional-looking, yet comfortable that puts me in the right place for attending this kind of meeting.  Driving to an off-site meeting puts me at a level of anxiety such that worry about whether we'll be in a place that is too cold, or that my skirt will rise up too much when I sit down, or whatever, is enough to put me over the edge.


Black/grey floral blouse (Kohls)
Beige-grey ponte blazer (Target)
Black linen pants (thrifted)
Black wedges (thrifted)
Grey bead necklace by RB

What To Wear When Using a Ridiculous Manual Report Process Because the Entirety of the Technology Department Can't Run a SQL Query Right - Thursday, 9/11/14

Feeling catty about the collective incompetence of another unit at your workplace (whether fair or not)?  Then you'll feel right at home in a leopard print infinity scarf.  And if fall has fallen all over you, a long-sleeved dress is a nice choice, too.  (Welcome to highs in the 50s.)  I love, love this dress from Lands End -- the knit fabric is extremely thick, which makes it both warm and more professional looking than your typical knit dress.


*Green long-sleeved ponte knit dress (Lands End)
Green leopard scarf (thrifted)
Brown flats by Frye

Ending the Week With a Watercolor/Tie-Dye Extravaganza - Friday, 9/12/14

It was a crazy week at work (though, perhaps not surprisingly, it was actually sort of great, too), so this kind of crazy outfit felt apt.


*Blue "watercolor" knit top (thrifted, Kohls)
Blue Dockers
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)
Blue tie-dye scarf (Kohls) -- I kept spelling this tie-"die" because I am clearly under the influence of Torchlight 2, as discussed below.

On Saturday, I wore a new short-sleeved knit polo shirt, a women's style with a v-neck, in a pretty shade of light blue that Robert brought home from work -- it fit like it was made for me.  His employer does a nice job picking clothes to put their logo on.  I don't mind advertising for Robert's employer, especially around the house, but in this case, I wore a grey open-front cardigan most of the day, so you couldn't see the logo anyway, just the blue shirt peeking out.

It was a nice comfy outfit for beating the main questline in Torchlight 2 with Robert/Barilla!  We have now moved to the "dungeon crawl" part of the game, which I actually am liking a lot so far.  There is a special map area (that has the main vendors that a city would have, and your loot chest) but also a map seller.  You can buy maps that give you access to different dungeons, and there are interesting modifiers that come with the maps.  For example, you might buy a map for the Gruesome Crypt that comes with a +15% to fire damage and +5% gold found for players/pets/minions and a +75% chance to haunt after death and a 10% damaged taken reduction for monsters.  It seems like a nice way to keep things interesting in a game that is kill, kill, kill (wait for Barilla to examine his equipment), kill, kill.

3 comments:

mom said...

I can see why you love the green ponte dress. It looks so comfortable.

jen said...

Took me a second to get the "catty" joke, lol.

Sally said...

Mom - it really is.

Jen - I wrote this post a little while ago, and today when I read it again before publishing, I didn't notice the catty joke at all!