Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reaching Back Before Labor Day: Part 2

Why Yes I DO Think Stripes & Florals are the Perfect Match, Thank You -
Wednesday, 8/27/14

Also, wearing this knit blazer means that somebody seeing me sitting down, from the back, could mistake me for the Hamburglar who has lost his cape...or had it stolen.  Now that's a nice bit of irony to get one through a hump day certainly.


*Red t-shirt (thrifted, JCP)
Black/white striped knit jacket (Nordstrom)
Black embroidered flower skirt (thrifted, Torrid)
Red buckle flats by Me Too (Zappos)
Red bubble necklace (Outfit Additions)

Synonyms For Beige - Thursday, 8/28/14

This outfit was not a complete success for me (though it looks less bizarre without my arms up at my face).  I'm just not feeling the beige-o-riffic-ness of it.  But I did want to wear both this linen skirt again and new-to-me 3/4 length sleeve jacket before summer was over, so I accomplished that goal at least.


*Beige/light blue checked jacket (thrifted, Ann Taylor)
Beige linen skirt (thrifted, J. Jill)
Beige t-shirt (Kohls)
Beige wedges by Cole Haan
Pastel bead necklace (Kohls)

In the Navy (and White) Now - Friday, 8/29/14

After a day of blah beige, it was good to be back to my comfort zone of contrasting stripes.  Although this sweater is not reminiscent of any characters from the McDonald's universe of creepy dudes you would really not feel happy about having within a mile of an actual child, it was just right for taking this very white, very summery skirt to the tail end of the sartorial summer season.

The no-white-after-Labor-Day rule is kind of a bummer for people in the warm southern 2/3 of the country, I'm sure, where summer weather lasts somewhere into late September or (in central Texas) mid October.  Even here, fall weather doesn't start on September 2.  This year, it only waited a week or so later than that, though.


Navy/white/aqua cardigan (Target)
White pleated skirt (thrifted)
Navy t-shirt (Walmart)
Pointy-toed blue flats (Nordstrom)
Light blue/silver necklace (Jones New York)

2 comments:

jen said...

Maybe your beige outfit just needed a pop of light blue? Love the jacket.

Sally said...

Good thought -- I have a light blue shirt I could try.