Thursday, September 11, 2014

Inadvertent Song Quotes

This week has been a bit crazy at work because this month is when we finalize the distribution of our "customers" to the various sites.  But our group was down to me, my office mate, and our admin this week because the rest of the team is at a conference in Seattle -- we've been pushing hard on the distribution project as well as covering for our absent team mates on a variety of other projects.

This afternoon, my office mate told me, "I'm going to a meeting unrelated [to the distribution issue we'd been working on all day].  I'm standing in for Joe."

I was barely able to contain a gleeful laugh and immediately started singing in my head: 

"Joe called round to ask me, Would I do a favor
While he's gonna be out of town..."

I feel confident that my office mate conducted herself with her usual levelheadedness and professional ethics and that the meeting did not end anything like the meeting in the XTC song.