Friday, September 19, 2014

Start of the School Year: Part 3

White After Labor Day - Friday, 9/5/14

Yes, I did it, I wore a summer white blazer after Labor Day, and the ghosts of 10,000 southern debutantes did not rise up to scold me while calling me "sugar."

I wore my fish scarf with a navy blue dress because, duh, fish and the navy -- both rely on water.


*Sleeveless navy blue knit dress (Target)
White blazer (thrifted, Liz Claiborne)
Blue striped shoes by Chinese Laundry (6pm)
Red fish scarf (Target)

Weekend Clothing Adjustments - Saturday, 9/6/14

I had expected the temperature in our apartment to warm up over the course of a sunny weekend day and planned my outfit accordingly.  One of the downsides to our stupid-ass A/C system is that we have no thermostat, another is that it warms up a lot faster than it cools down.  Taken together, this means that we have keep the air cranked up at a level that will be adequate for the warmest part of the day and deal with it being too cool for the rest of the day by taking a page from Jimmy Carter's book and eating peanut butter to keep warm.

Or we have to change our clothes during the day. Often this means putting a sweater/jacket on and off as needed, but sometimes it requires a bit more of a change.

Morning:


Afternoon:


*Blue/white dotted knit top (Target)
Blue jeans (Kohls) / *Light blue golf skort (thrifted, Izod)
Blue/white striped sneakers by Rocket Dog
Aqua blue and silver necklace (Kohls)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I think this is where I'm supposed to say, "Bless your heart."

As for the second day, peanut butter keeps you warm?

mom said...

Isn't it great when your top is so versatile? I really like it.

Sally said...

Debbie -- absolutely perfect textbook usage of the phrase. Well, sometimes instead of eating peanut butter to stay warm we allow ourselves to become afraid of swamp rabbits and other Carteresque approaches.

Mom -- thanks!