Thursday, September 18, 2014

Start of the School Year: Part 2

More Summer Ann Taylor Goodness - Wednesday, 9/3/14

I did not intend to have an Ann Taylor theme going, but once I picked out the linen skirt (are you noticing a theme here? it's subtle), the shirt jumped out of the closet at me.  Luckily, cotton shirts are very soft and I was not injured by it.  


*Green/white knit top (thrifted, Ann Taylor)
Brown linen skirt (thrifted, Ann Taylor)
Green belt (Target)
Brown wedges (thrifted, American Eagle)
Green/brown necklace by RB

A Better Way to Beige - Thursday, 9/4/14

I'm thinking that I really can only do beige if I mix it with black or a bright color.  Here coral gets the job done.  You know, I should wear the coral shirt and the fish necklace together some time because, duh, fish and coral.  

By the way, I was recently reading the extremely silly caper novel The Way of All Fish (by Martha Grimes), of which the haphazard treatment of saltwater fish, freshwater fish, coral, etc., is by no means any more ludicrous than anything else about the story.  Which is not to say that I didn't enjoy it somewhat, but I didn't finish it and it's not a book I can recommend.  I thought the first caper book Foul Matter was quite a bit better, perhaps through the sheer novelty of it.  Overall, I think I'm just not a fan of the madcap caper genre.  I couldn't even get into the caper novels by Donald Westlake, author of two of the funniest books I've ever read -- Humans (written from an angel's point of view; I reread this book with great pleasure every few years) and The Ax (if you have ever been laid off from a job, this is the book for you).

Note that I was ridiculously pleased by the fact that the shoes have a small pinkish orange line (between the cream and the gold toe) that basically perfectly echoes the small pinkish orange lines against the cream/beige background of the skirt.


Coral knit top (thrifted, Talbots)
Beige/coral full skirt (thrifted, Target)
Cream captoe flats (Anne Klein)
Coral swag necklace (Kohls)

No comments: