Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Lagging Indicator of the Weather

Falling -- Saturday, 11/22/14

After trying several ideas trying to make my (lightweight) bird cardigan work for the cold day despite not having a long-sleeved knit shirt in a coordinating color, and realizing that the sleeves are too tight for most long-sleeved shirts to work underneath anyway, I had to face the fact that my beloved bird cardigan is a spring/summer/fall sweater for Snow City.

As part of this doomed outfit creation attempt, I discovered that I really do have too high a short-sleeved to long-sleeved ratio in my closet, esp. for knit shirts.  For example, I have 3 brown short-sleeved knit shirts, but no long-sleeved ones -- I bought two of them at Goodwill in the Snow City area, suggesting that perhaps other people here have the same problem.

So I gave the bird cardigan idea up and wore this very fall-looking outfit.


White long-sleeved T (Walmart)
*Olive cable-knit cardigan (thrifted, Eddie Bauer)
Straight-legged jeans (Kohls)
*Tan ankle boots by Easy Spirit (Nordstrom)
*Green/brown scarf (Kohls)

Everybody else has been wearing fall colors, etc., for weeks now, but I wait until it's basically winter (by temperature if not by calendar) to start doing so.  You might have noticed that this tendency to dress for last month (or earlier) is not uncommon for me.  Robert described me as a "lagging indicator of the weather."  So about the time I have started wearing seriously winterized outfits, you can be assured that spring in Snow City is around the corner (or has already arrived -- I wore tights and tall boots into May last year).

3 comments:

mom said...

I like the scarf with your sweater. It looks so great and definitely fall like!

jen said...

Yes, and comfy cozy too :)

Sally said...

Thanks, it was super comfy!