Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Portlandia Style Challenge

I could not resist another personal style challenge, this one inspired by Portlandia:

Put a Bird on It! -- Friday, 11/7/14

(Even if you are totally familiar with the "put a bird on it!" concept, I recommend the link above.  "...If this ushers in an era of otters and deer..." put me in mind of Tam.)

I loved the idea of wearing my bird cardigan (yep, I only own one bird cardigan) with jeans and a mix of other items that draw on the supporting colors of the sweater -- a very light aqua blue, magenta, and mustard, not colors I would normally think of wearing together.


Aqua bird cardigan (Target)
Light aqua blue knit top (thrifted, JCP)
*Trouser jeans (thrifted, JCP)
Magenta scarf (Target)
Mustard flats by Mia Girl

And here's a close up of one of these adorable birds:


It's kind of surprising I don't own about a dozen bird cardigans.  I am definitely in the market for more.  My love of birds is second only to my love of rabbits, and since I'm over the age of 12, it's kind of difficult to incorporate bunnies into my daily work wardrobe without looking whackadoodle.  (I am whackadoodle where rabbits are concerned, but I'd just as soon keep this information private in the workplace.)

3 comments:

jen said...

Lovely! Glad you didn't have to resort to putting a bird on a hat :) I think to pull off bunnies at work they would have to be a small geometric pattern...

Sally said...

Jen, I'm thinking a scarf with a small geometric bunny pattern would rock my world.

Mom said...

I want a bird sweater!