Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Let's Get January Started, Shall We?

How to Start the New Year: In Red and Blue, Of Course -- 1/1/14

OK, I bought this big pullover sweater shortly after moving to Snow City, but never wore it because it was too warm (and then I basically forgot about it until I moved to Skyrim).  It's perfect layered over a long sleeved t-shirt in the under 60 degree indoor temps.


New item:
**Dark blue pullover sweater (thrifted)

Wearing the Red Scarf AGAIN -- 1/2/14

Yeah, it's cold, but with enough layers, I can make a skirt work.


New items:
**Grey cotton cardigan (thrifted; Tommy Hilfiger)
**Red corduroy skirt (thrifted; H&M, new with tags)
**Excellently opaque tights from Kohl's

What to Wear to the Dentist -- 1/3/14

I finally brought out another item I've had for a while -- a pair of skinny jeans that I bought at Goodwill because I knew they'd be useful for tucking into snow boots but that I just hadn't gotten myself to try out.  (Yes, here I'm wearing normal shoes; I just put on a pair of mid-height snow boots when I walked to the dentist.)


New items:
**Skinny jeans (thrifted; Old Navy)
**Pinkish-coral leopard print infinity scarf (thrifted; new with tags)

Oh, and in case it's not obvious, this scarf is not only leopard print, it's got leopard heads on it!


I admit that I was freakishly excited when I realized the pink/coral tunic was the same odd shade as in the scarf, and they both have a kind of dotty thing going. 

Another Outrageously Warm Sweater -- 1/9/14

Although not ready to do a full-on winter white-out, I did like trying a cardigan and long-sleeved t-shirt in similar shades of semi-white together.  This big-ass cardigan lives in my Skyrim office these days (for example, draped over my legs when I get a bit cool in a skirt).


New item:
**Chunky white cardigan (thrifted)

Stripe City -- 1/10/14

Second only to leopard print, stripes are my favorite.  Dark blue and green, I love you together.  (And worn with a scarf and dark blue leopard print shoes, it's a totally Sally look.)


New items:
**Green and blue striped pullover sweater from Kohl's

No comments: