Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February Fashion: Part 1

Hard to believe that the month of February is almost over.  It doesn't help that the temperatures here have been significantly below normal for Snow City in February -- it feels more like January in the Very Frozen North instead.  Let's catch up with some early February outfits.

Another Use of 88 Cent Brown Pants -- 2/6/14

I have not worn a lot of brown lately, so my wardrobe is a bit limited when it comes to working with this color, but brown animal print and ivory seem easy enough.  (I think I would have preferred wearing different shoes, though -- perhaps my tan flats with the black cap-toes.)


New item:
**Brown bow-tie flats (thrifted)

Another Use of Orange-ish Animal Print Infinity Scarf -- 2/7/14

Because I don't wear much coral/orange/whatever the hell color that crazy animal head scarf is, it'll be nice if it plays well with other shades of reddish colors.  I think it looks OK with this maroon-ish red sweater, and I liked how the black in the pattern added coherence to the black jacket and pants.



New items: none

A Column of Color -- 2/9/14

I did not consciously put two shades of maroon/burgundy together under a contrasting sweater to follow this column of color advice, but I was probably influenced by it because I think my normal go-to choice for these pants and sweater would be a white shirt.  I'm not sure it achieves any of the specific objectives that she lists for this approach, but I liked it.  (The colors looked more similar in real life than in this photo.)


I'm not sure what I think of wearing these light colored beads against the burgundy shirt, however.  It looked fine, but I wasn't thrilled with it.  I would likely have chosen a different necklace or a scarf, but I wanted to try out this long rope of beads.  I did think wearing them as a double-loop was an unqualified success.


New item:
**Long bead necklace from Kohl's

Vicious Animal -- 2/10/14

I like this unusual cardigan.  The brown and black pattern is a sort-of animal print, and the shape is cool -- it's a cardigan with a blazer shape. 


And naturally I had to add the animal claw necklace to up the danger level.


New item:
**Brown and black animal cardigan (thrifted)

No comments: