Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thrift Shop

As Fierce As I Get -- 1/21/14

I thought this sweater dress wouldn't be warm enough for winter, but ah, the bizarre heat-retaining qualities of acrylic yarn.  I've had these ankle boots for a million years and haven't worn them in several eons, but this seemed to be a good time for it.


New items:
**Leopard sweater dress from Kohl's
**Black moto jacket from JC Penney
**Excellently opaque black leggings from Kohl's

Looking Middle-Aged -- 1/22/14

Although these items went together fine, I was not impressed with overall dowdiness of the outfit.  (I guess they went together too well in that sense.)  Better luck next time.  I am happy that I finally made this sweater wearable -- I didn't notice until I got it home from the thrift store that it had a small hole on one shoulder, and it took me like a year to darn it.


New item:
**Striped wool sweater (thifted; Target)

Back on Track with Leopard and Red -- 1/23/14

Yet another leopard print knit shirt, at a fantastic price.


New item:
**Grey long-sleeved leopard print shirt from Kohl's

Nothing New Here But... -- 1/26/14

I didn't wear the jacket for most of the day, but when I got chilly, I popped it on.  (It's funny -- I actually wore it open, but it looked especially goofy photographing it that way, so I buttoned it up just for y'all.)  I brought all these pieces with me on my Christmas travels but never wore them together this way.  


New items:  none

88 Cents -- 1/27/14

One of the stops my mom, her sister, and I made on our thrift store outing was a place that has an 88 cent sale one day a month on selected items -- "this is fucking awesome," right?*  I got a few things for 88 cents, including these plain, brown cotton pants.  I didn't own any brown pants before this, so this was a particularly useful find.

(*And this gives me a good excuse to link to the video for a song that Tam called "insanely popular" this summer -- "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore.  You might have seen it before, but have you seen it lately?  You know you want to!)

When I bought this scarf at Goodwill (here in Snow City), the clerk said that she thought about buying it but didn't have anything to wear it with.  At the time, I didn't either.  But with this cardigan I got at Kohl's and the 88 cent pants, I made it work.  (I was disappointed to discover that I do not own a long-sleeved shirt in any shade of taupe/beige/brown, so I went with white.  Oddly, I do not have any long-sleeved green shirts either.)


New items:
**Brown cotton pants (thrifted -- 88 cents)
**Green leopard print infinity scarf (thrifted; new with tags)

2 comments:

mom said...

I especially like the red sweater with the leopard print top and the red in the belt and shoes.

Sally said...

Yeah, red and leopard are a great combination :)