Saturday, October 1, 2016

Disney Floral Revisited

Didn't You Just Wear That Shirt?--Saturday, 10/1/16

Yes.  Yes, I did.  But with the miracle of Woolite's home dry cleaning sheets, 20 minutes in the clothes dryer and we're back in business.

Today's Reverse Inspiration features a floral top and black skinnies.  (And such fun hair.)

From everydayfashiononabudget.blospot.com
I topped mine with a lightweight cardigan because (1) I am addicted to wearing a top layer in all but the hottest days of summer and (2) it's no longer the hottest days of summer.  It's October, people!  What, what?


Light pink floral blouse (Disney Alice/Kohls), $6.16/wear
Black skinny jeans (thrifted, YMI), $1.31/wear
Grey cardigan (Kohls/gift from Mom)
Grey leopard flats by Fergilicious, $0.61/wear

Outfit total: $8.08/wear

Ah, summer.  The time when mannequins at the state fair can wear dresses made entirely of fresh flowers.  Absolutely gorgeous, isn't it?  Sadly, it's not very practical for living, moving humans...especially in October.


In other news...I've also figured out (finally) how it is that Pinterest keeps losing my pins.  Well, it's not losing my pins--instead, the description that I enter to accompany the pin is lost and it reverts to the original text instead.  So when I am searching for a pin for a certain outfit, I can't find it because instead of having "Outfit Whatever" on it, it says "The skinny on pumpkin lattes plus even skinnier jeans!" or whatever.  Sigh.  Clearly I need to start downloading photos onto my computer where the words I write will stick.  Grrr.

Today Robert and I went to the library to pick up some books (which once again we were unable to get out of the tunnel lockers due to ghoul attack technology hiccup but that a librarian recovered for us) and saw that the little park in the center of the square was absolutely crawling with people holding cell phones, presumably playing Pokemon Go, including some distinctly grandparent-aged folks.  Robert looked online and figured out that it is a Pokemon hot spot.  I just tried googling it and after putting the name of the park and the city, Google auto-completed with "Pokemon Go."  The first few links pose variants on the question of whether this is the best site in the state to catch Pokemon.  Now I understand why it took us three tries this week to find parking near the library to pick up books.  Apparently it's especially awesome in the evenings.  People are excited about the Dragonites, whatever those are.  I suddenly realize that this must be how normal people in town feel when they read/hear that birders are converging on a park to see a Tropical Kingbird or something--like, oh, I guess that must be a good one for some reason or other.

No comments: