Sunday, October 2, 2016

Simple Basic Pumpkin

"Simplicity Itself"--Sunday, 10/2/16

An outfit made from ubiquitous wardrobe items--denim/chambray shirt, black skirt, leopard scarf.  Surprisingly, I haven't worn this combination before.

From alovelylittlewardrobe.com

But I'm getting all kinds of wild up in here by wearing it with brown flats.  I am also not carrying a pumpkin spice latte, which sort of seems like the natural accompaniment to this outfit.  (I asked Google whether Fitbit is basic but did not see any evidence in favor of that idea.)


Black peplum hiking skirt (Royal Robbins/REI), $2.08/wear
Denim shirt (thrifted, Target), $0.75/wear
Brown leopard scarf (Kohls), $2.29/wear
Brown flats by Frye, $5.55/wear

Outfit total: $10.67/wear

Always stylish, never basic--a lovely brown broken mini rex loafing in our direction.  I bet she'd be thrilled to nibble on something pumpkin flavored, basic or not.

Eating pumpkin, yes.  Being photographed, no so much.

In other news...I sped right through the book Luckiest Girl Alive today, which makes it a "page-turner," I suppose.  It is billed as a mystery novel but it didn't read that way to me.  I mean, you do have to wait a long time to find out about this event that occurred in the narrator's past, but it's not a mystery in the traditional sense of the genre.  I found it entertaining (and it feels like a good book for a plane trip, if you know what I mean) but you're not really missing anything if you skip it.

No comments: