Friday, October 28, 2016

Like An Adult, Kind Of

"A Study in Contrasts: Red Leopard Edition"--Friday, 10/28/16

I liked this combination of black/red pattern + lighter blue denim and decided to use it as another way to wear my black/red leopard blouse that I love but is a bit more limited than most of my clothes in how it can be remixed.

From aheartandsoulstory.blogspot.de

Against expectations, I enjoyed wearing this together.  The cut and fabric of this top says "dressy" but the medium wash jeans say "casual," and it seems like this juxtaposition wouldn't work very well at all.  I don't know, maybe it's the novelty of it, but I like this jumbled up mess of an outfit (with mis-matched silver tone necklace and gold tone shoe buckles, no less). 


Red leopard blouse with ruffled neckline (JNY), $3.60/wear
Straight leg jeans (thrifted, Bandolinoblu), $0.11/wear
Red buckle flats by Me Too, $2.06/wear
Silver/bright beads owl pendant (Kohls), $3.50/wear

Outfit total: $9.27/wear

Continuing this color scheme, I hope you will enjoy this lovely red tree, brought to you by autumn in Coldville.


In other news...This article on dressing like an adult is pretty solid.  I admit that I violate #1 in my business casual workplace fairly often these days (bright colors! print mixing!) but I didn't dress that way at my job interview or in my first weeks of work (looking back at my first work outfit photos, they are pretty muted) and I still dress more conservatively when I have a meeting of any significance (e.g., with people outside my immediate work group).

Plus, if that red is overwhelming you, how about a dose of light pink, that inescapable color?  This article talks about how rose quartz became a thing (with appropriate references to "think pink" and The Devil Wore Prada, etc).  One thing I found particularly interesting:  Prior to the 1940s, pink was not associated with girls--girls were more associated with blue because the Virgin Mary was often depicted wearing that color.

No comments: