Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Space Dye

Not Made at NASA--Tuesday, 10/6/15

When I saw this cute and simple outfit, I thought, My black space dyed knit pencil skirt would be perfect!

From inthewriterscloset.blogspot.com

When you're right, you're right.  (And yay, I finally wore this loose purple top on its own--I wore it before with a cardigan, which detracted from the zipper.  I like it better without the cardigan.  And a co-worker said that she liked it.)


Purple V neck zip top (Kohls), $7.65/wear+
Black space dye skirt (Old Navy), $2.50/wear
Purple gumdrop necklace (Target), $3.90/wear
Black floral flats (Payless), $1.86/wear

Outfit total: $15.91/wear

I've wondered for a while what the hell "space dye" meant.  I mean, it sounds very futuristic and SF.  But the reality is pretty mundane.  It just means that yarn is dyed different colors along its length at intervals (hence the word "space").  My skirt is mostly black but has a bit of white in it, too.

By accident or coincidence (if you believe in accidents or coincidence), this is Day 1 of 3 in a series on Black Skirts with Subtle White Designs That Can Kind of Look Light Black or Grey at a Distance.

In other news...Yesterday when I got home from work, I had to reassess my outfits lined up for Wednesday and Thursday of this week because I have been invited to participate in interviews for the new research analyst.  Interestingly, the interview team appears to be (from the invite list) me, my immediate supervisor, his boss (our department head) and the head of the department that the new analyst will be doing most of their analysis for.


I met with my manager today but I forgot to ask him what will be happening with these interviews.  Hopefully, I'll catch him tomorrow before the first one at 3:00, but I guess if they haven't tasked me with anything, all I need to do is show up.  One thing that makes it a bit easier as an interviewer with my employer is that the interviews are very scripted.  My guess is that they'll be like, Here, when we get to this question, you ask it, or something like that.

Luckily the outfits with Black But Kind of Grey Looking skirts I have prepared for the next two days should be appropriate for the situation.

No comments: