Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cocktail Wedding Attire

Since Robert and I will be leaving on a jet plane shortly, I thought I'd show you the outfit I am wearing to the cocktail wedding on Friday.

I was very happy to easily find a dress at ThredUp so I didn't have to spend over $100 on something I might not wear ever again.  (Fancy dress events are just not a normal part of my life.)  Yeah, it's black, but (1) that's OK for weddings these days and (2) I blinged it up a bit so I don't think it looks funereal (I mean, unless you are attending the funeral of your arch enemy and want to look all festive for the occasion).



My primary bling is this big-ass statement necklace!  That is a LOT of necklace, but I do think I'll be able to incorporate it pretty easily into everyday wear.


But I also have some good-sized sparkly earrings, a fantastic sequined clutch with a peacock motif, and my trust gold flats.  Black with white crystal, gold, and blue accessories seems appropriate enough to me.


Black cocktail dress (thrifted at Thredup, Jessica Howard), $15.00/wear
Gold peacock clutch (Amazon), $20.00/wear
Blue/crystal "Rapunzel bib" necklace (Baublebar), $52.00/wear
Crystal "Dogwood studs" earrings (Baublebar), $28.00/wear
Gold flats (Nordstrom), $2.78/wear

3 comments:

jen said...

Nice! That's a cool clutch. Awesome that you found a dress and that it fits so well.

mom said...

You look great! Ditto on the clutch and also the necklace!

Sally said...

Thanks! I felt very comfortable wearing it (both in a physical sense and in a social sense).