Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Membrane Channels Eye Potential

That Hit the Spots--Tuesday, 10/13/15

Focal item: Black knit top with orange/pink/white dots

Looking for an outfit inspiration featuring a black/pink patterned top, I came across this simple and lovely combination. 

From whyidodeclaire.com

But I didn't think that my boxy, zip-up bright pink jacket (awesome as it is) would look right here, so I brought in my open-front coral blazer, and I liked the result.


Black knit top with orange/pink/white dots (thrifted, Target), $1.00/wear+
Black knit skirt (thrifted, Axcess), $1.67/wear
Coral blazer (JNY), $8.25/wear
Gold flats (Nordstrom), $3.12/wear
Gold chain link necklace (Ann Taylor), $2.33/wear

Outfit total: $16.37/wear

The cream-colored lapels on the blazer were perfect with the white spots on the top, I think--just a nice little touch that "sparked joy."


Cleaning out my draft folder for my blog this weekend, I came across this image, apparently a word cloud from my notes prepping for my neuroscience final at My Masters University.  I chose some nice fall colors that go nicely with my outfit today.  The power of my Reverse Inspirations knows no bounds!


In other news...in Fallout 3 this weekend, I visited the museum that houses the Wright Flyer.  In our world, this is the National Air and Space Museum in D.C.  (I have not ever been there, though I have been to Kitty Hawk, NC, where its first flight occurred, and I've been to the Wright bicycle shop in Dayton, Ohio.  I also did a Wright Flyer simulator when I was in Seattle.  I've only been to D.C. once and I didn't have the time to fit in a trip to such a large museum.)  In Fallout 3, it's the Museum of Technology in D.C.

And in that museum, the Flyer is destroyed.

From fallout.wikia.com

It sounds silly, but when I saw the mangled plane in the game, I teared up.  I mean, of course the post-apocalyptic universe sucks in basically every conceivable way.  Death, disease, slavery, starvation, cannibalism, mass extinction of animal life, all of it.  But seeing the Wright Flyer as a crumpled mass (possibly due to "malicious damage") in the ruins of a museum...that hit me where I live.  That's your end of civilization right there.

No comments: