Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Happy Combination

In Which I Outdo Myself--Tuesday, 10/20/15

Focal item: Black/pink/coral floral blouse

A truly brilliant entry in the Reverse Inspiration games by this blogger wearing magenta pants, a floral top, light colored flats, and a subtly patterned jacket.  Kudos.

From theaveragegirlsguide.com

I had initially planned to wear this blouse with my bright pink pencil skirt and a white blazer.  But then I bought a pair of magenta pants and the end of white-blazer-made-of-summery-fabric season occurred and the start of and-you-aren't-thrilled-by-that-blazer-anymore-anyway season happened.  So first I decided to substitute the magenta pants, then I went looking over my jacket/blazer collection to see if I had something better than a black blazer or cardigan to wear with it.

This cream polka dot blazer of my dreams jumped out from where it had been hidden since last spring (it's made from heavier fabric than is compatible with summer, even in Coldville). And whaddya know?  Houston, we have liftoff.


Black/pink/coral floral blouse (Kohls), $6.66/wear+
Cream polka dot blazer (thrifted, Target), $1.00/wear+
Magenta pants (thrifted, Target), $2.25/wear
Double strand pearls (Macy's), $8.63/wear
Rose gold flats (thrifted, Old Navy), $0.83/wear

Outfit total: $19.37/wear

I absolutely adore the juxtaposition of the floral pattern and the polka dots, and the black edging on the blazer (which as you all know, I LOVE) is 110% perfect with the black background of the top.  Add comfortably slouchy cotton pants (with pockets!) and girly touches in the pearls and ballet flats, and as they say on the youlookfab site and forum, my happiness factor is through the roof!


I needed my happiness factor to be boosted today because I am feeling grumpy about our trip to Robert's mom's wedding (leaving tomorrow! haven't started even getting ready to pack!). 

But on the upside:

--No more work this week.
--With any luck, my Amazon book order will have arrived with several great things to read on our trip.
--It's a cocktail wedding so if nothing else, there will be booze.
--I'm going to see Tam!
--I'm cautiously optimistic that I will be in low-to-no stomach pain tomorrow for our flight.  Today was the first "pretty good" day I've had in a while, and I hope it is the first of many (knock wood).

1 comment:

jen said...

Have fun at the wedding. I assume we'll get to see your outfit? :)