Monday, September 28, 2015

Another Pink Leopard

Double Pop--Monday, 9/28/15

Focal item: Green silk short-sleeved shell

Yet more leopard with bright pink--this time with green as well.

From tresfly.blogspot.com

Because this is a relatively high-waisted skirt, my somewhat short green silk shell worked in this outfit (as it did not when I tried to wear it with low-rise pants).  To acknowledge the cooler weather, I wore this strangely thick yet short-sleeved cardigan, and I replaced the bright pink bag with a bright pink scarf.


Green short-sleeved silk shell (JNY), $7.50/wear+
Brown leopard skirt (Kohls), $1.92/wear
Black short-sleeved cardigan (thrifted, The Limited), $1.00/wear+
Bright pink scarf (Target), $3.00/wear
Bright pink flats (Payless), $1.30/wear

Outfit total: $14.72/wear

I don't think I would ever have put green and bright pink together with leopard on my own initiative, but I was pleased with the effect.  For my taste, adding the black cardigan to mute the effect of the bright green helped a lot--the outfit felt more like leopard and black with pops of bright pink and green.


This (female? immature?) house sparrow is a classic "little brown job" (like my skirt) but I do not think it would benefit from wearing bright colors.  Indeed, it appears to be indignant at the very idea.


In other news...I really expected today to be horrible because due to ear/head and stomach pain last night, I didn't sleep very well, and on two different occasions, we were woken up by nearby car alarms.  The first one was a bit scary because when Robert looked out the window, he said, I think someone is trying to break into my car!  Luckily, when he got downstairs to check it out, he discovered that even though it was the same make/model as his car and was parked in his usual after-work parking spot, it wasn't his car.  We both had forgotten that he had parked somewhere else after our Friday evening Target trip.  Turns out that someone has lost the keys to his car and decided to break into it to find out whether he had lost them in the car.  So it was totally fine, but it took us a while to calm down and fall asleep again after that adrenaline rush.

But despite the short, interrupted sleep, and my waking up with a headache, I actually started feeling a lot better by mid-morning.  The caffeinated iced tea (i.e., Magickal Elixir) helped with the headache, I think, and maybe I'm finally starting to get over this sinus infection or whatever the hell it is.  Yesterday I felt so bad that I didn't even play Fallout 3, so you know it was dire!

Tomorrow is our last ghost-busting day.  I'm going to miss it a little (though I won't admit that at work). 

No comments: