Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bunnies and Fallout 3

Two Separate Topics!--Sunday, 9/13/15

Focal item: Navy open weave cropped cardigan

OK, even I think it's strange that I have two open weave cardigans--one sleeveless navy (long), one elbow-length navy (cropped).  But that's what the thrift store gods have decreed.

Because of the awkward length of the cardigan, I wanted to pair it with garments in similar colors.  The obvious candidate?  My navy Watership Down T.  And it's perfect for Bunday!

This Reverse Inspiration incorporates an animal graphic T and a navy/white pattern.

From librarianforlifestyle.com
I kept things simple with a dark denim skirt and navy striped flats to round out this summer look.


Watership Down T (Out of Print), $5.75/wear
Denim skort (thrifted, Walmart), $1.00/wear (yay)
Navy open weave cropped cardigan (thrifted, 89th and Madison), $2.50/wear+
Navy striped flats (Payless), $8.50/wear

Outfit total: $17.75/wear

I'm not sure that I'm going to keep this cardigan.  It's serviceable in only limited situations and I like it less than the navy sleeveless open weave cardigan.  It definitely doesn't spark joy.  Out it goes, then.  This awesome rabbit t-shirt, though, is a joy.


You know what else is a joy?  Actual bunnies, like this marvelous New Zealand red, the obvious inspiration (intended or not) of the orange rabbits on my shirt.


In other news...This very interesting article in the New York Times about college sticker prices does something that I've rarely seen done--discusses the situation separately for elite schools, good public schools, and the rest.

Today I started playing Fallout 3!  Last night Robert helped me do some research on character creation, etc., so that I had a clue of how to get started, and then helped me today fix the crash problems I was having (the first one happened as soon as I started the game, the other one happened intermittently but frequently while playing the game).  He was also my co-pilot through the initial tutorial quests (in which I discovered that the in-game mapping really sucks!) and the first quest I did in the nearby town.  I've been flying solo for a while now, and I'm really enjoying the game.  In game style, it feels a lot like Elder Scrolls, though with some key differences (as I will no doubt talk about later).  My plan right now it to make this a weekend-only game (because it takes a long time to do anything, and I don't want this to become a complete time suck of my already-too-short weekday evenings)--we'll see how that goes.

Note: so far as I can tell, there are no rabbits in Fallout 3.

No comments: