Friday, September 18, 2015

Outfit and a Fun Guy

In the Navy Once Again--Friday, 9/18/15

When I saw this seersucker skirt and orange sweater combination, I knew how I wanted to wear my seersucker pants one more time this summer--OK, by the Labor Day definition, summer is over, but by the calendar we have until 9/23, so I'm going to keep working it.

From styleatacertainage.com

But instead of wearing solid orange on top, I substituted in yet more stripes.  Uncharacteristically, I left off the necklace because I liked the clean lines of this sailor (matelot!) inspired sweater on its own. 


Navy/orange striped pullover sweater (thrifted, Nautica), $1.67/wear+
Striped seersucker pants (thrifted, The Limited), $1.50/wear
Orange flats by Payless, $2.00/wear

Outfit total: $5.17/wear (yay)

I keep surprising myself with how useful these orange ballet flats are turning out to be.  Orange is not a huge color in my wardrobe but it works with a range of orange to coral shades and is a fun pop of color.  It was a cool, rainy day, and for a while I was almost too chilled at work, especially in a meeting downstairs in one of the cooler conference rooms.  I'm thinking that the Season of Socks is coming soon...which is good, I guess, because I have some great Seeley Booth socks, but I will miss wearing ballet flats sans socks.


One strange thing that happens to me and Robert, after playing a lot of Elder Scroll games in which you gather ingredients and create alchemical potions/poisons from them, is that when we see actual plants/fungi/etc. in the wild, we are often reminded of one of the ingredients from the games.  We actually are much more versed in the flora of Oblivion/Skyrim than we are of the flora of Earth.  This one looks like a possible cinnabar polypore.  (No clue what it is in our reality.)


In other news...I've been waiting for Friday evening all week, thinking about playing Fallout 3, so of course today I have a semi-bad headache (I think it's the rainy weather).  I have not given up hope that I will be able to play some before bed, but I'm feeling a little bit too iffy right now.  Oh well, I have a whole weekend ahead of me!

No comments: