Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bird on a Wire Redux

Peaches and Pink--Saturday, 9/5/15

For a warm weekend, I reached again for the birds on a wire T that I adore.

I took my lead from this snazzy Canadian blogger's outfit, focusing on the components: small repeated image graphic T, colorful patterned scarf, dark bottoms, and bright pink flats.

From whatmamawear.blogspot.ca

Too warm this week for a cardigan, but I enjoyed letting the birdies stand out.


Birds on a wire T (Kohls), $2.50/wear
Orange/pink/green "Moroccan" infinity scarf (Charming Charlie), $7.00/wear
Black skirt with peplum hem (Royal Robbins/REI), $6.25/wear
Bright pink flats (Payless), $1.86/wear

Outfit total: $17.61/wear

The only drawback to this bird top is that the fabric is more sheer than I would prefer (for example, you can see my black skirt through the shirt fabric above).  However, it's not too sheer to wear without an extra layer underneath or on top, so it works for me.


These state fair rabbits are showing off an array of colors and sizes, a study in contrasts.  But further evidence that white and black looks great next to pink/red/orange shades.


In other news...Have you heard of the Usagi Yojimbo comic book series?  We're talking rabbit ronin, people!  I haven't read any of them but obviously I'm going to have to at some point.

This morning, I slept in quite late by my standards (10:30), but after breakfast, I got my act together quickly to take photos for about a dozen outfits while the light was still reasonably strong.  I'm so happy with my new camera!

No comments: