Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Yet More Animal-y Outfits

"Fishy Monday (Brought to You by Lands End)"--Monday, 2/27/17

In searching out a Reverse Inspiration for this outfit, I discovered that there is a website devoted to helping shoppers locate the garments (or similar ones) that actors wear on television.  Like this one worn by a character (Haley) on a show I've kind of heard of (Modern Family). 

From wornontv.com

Meanwhile at chez Sally, I went with the easy mixing of two Lands End garments, tied together (hahaha) by a Target scarf.


Drapey cobalt cardigan (Lands End), $3.75/wear
Coral red dress (Lands End), $6.75/wear
Red/white/blue fish scarf (Target), $1.33/wear
Black leggings
Tall black boots by Fitzwell, $2.10/wear

Outfit total: $13.93/wear

I think the fish were disappointed to discover that the "coral" in this outfit was only the particular shade of red.


"Velvet Leopard"--Tuesday, 2/28/17

In this outfit from last April, grey animal print + pink are a nice spring combination, lightening up the black trousers.

From savvy-southern.blogspot.com

Although I couldn't make pink shoes work even with the higher-than-typical temperatures in Coldville this week, I think the velvet blazer makes quite a statement.  And while the dark grey reflects today's gloomy overcast skies, the bright pink represents...well, I would like to say "my cheerful mood" but don't let's be silly.


Grey leopard top (JNY), $4.08/wear
Bright pink velvet blazer (thrifted, Old Navy), $2.33/wear
Dark grey skirt (Walmart), $1.50/wear
Grey polka dot tights
Tall grey boots by LifeStride, $5.88/wear
Grey/black/red birds scarf (gift)

Outfit total: $13.79/wear

And of course I ended up almost completely obscuring my shirt with this cute printed scarf.  The pink-red color of the birds is interesting--depending on what color it's next to, it can take on many different shades...which turns out to be a quite useful quality.


And so ends the official "Winter" season in my sartorial calendar.  Starting tomorrow, "Winter/Spring."  It's exciting, y'all.

This assiduously self-cleaning rabbit demonstrates the pleasing quality of grey with a pop of pink...and the importance of good grooming habits.
 

In other news...They fixed an oil something-or-other sensor on my car today but are keeping it until Thursday so they can drive it and make sure everything is operating normally.  So that's good.  Another good thing--my health insurance came through in completely covering the cost of the gum biopsy from the "weirdly growing gum" incident a few months ago.

And for an extra bonus good news feel good, check out this roundup of wholesome things that happened on Twitter.

2 comments:

mom said...

My favorite is the dog who went out and got a pine come for her sad owner. The dog has such a sweet expression.

Sally said...

Yes indeed.

It's hard to pick a favorite but I think I will go with the engagement photo. The reaction of the lady watching it was priceless, and I thought her ability to be so happy for two (presumably) strangers was awesome.