Sunday, February 12, 2017

Walking Ourselves into the Ground: Day 2

"Fresh Minty Floral"--Saturday, 2/11/17

This outfit from March 2016 combined floral print and mint.  They rhyme, so they must go together, right?  Isn't that a law of sympathetic magic or something?


From morepiecesofme.com
Rather than wait for spring (or, well, whatever season we want to call March in Coldville), I decided to do a version of this outfit right now.   I don't typically wear a scarf with this vest, but as a concession to the weather, it seemed prudent.


White/purple/green/orange floral blouse (Lands End), $3.33/wear
Mint cardigan vest (Kohls), $3.91/wear
Black scarf (Target), $0.86/wear
Black skinny jeans (thrifted, YMI), $0.37/wear
Purple flats (thrifted, Target), $0.87/wear

Outfit total: $9.34/wear

As I'm already going out of season with my outfit, how about we enjoy this greenery poodle with a white bird on his tail, from a display at the state fair.


In other news...After replacing my ballet flats with all weather mocs, we walked over to our local Pokemon Go park and played Pokemon for a few hours.  Hours?!  Yeah.  With the 6 hour lures active all over the park, it was pretty much non-stop Pokemon.  I can't remember how many dozens of Wigglypuffs I caught--they were so plentiful (like, I kid not, there was at least  one available on the screen practically the entire time) that I have to wonder whether there was a nest there.  Anyway, very little trouble hitting our 10,000 steps for the day.  The kind of exhausting part was all the standing that we did in between the walking, though.

No comments: