Thursday, February 16, 2017

Another Typical Wednesday

"Striped Owl"--Wednesday, 2/15/17

While not personally crazy about the cognac in this September 2015 outfit idea, the grey + burgundy combination is a favorite of mine.  The heathered grey skirt gave me the idea to pair a burgundy sweater with a grey striped skirt.  Of course, I sighed in disappointment that I still haven't found a grey vest, but I have good grey blazer options.

From insideoutstyleblog.com

I decided to go with the lighter grey blazer for a bit of contrast with the dark grey skirt, a reverse take on the inspiration photo.


Burgundy cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's), $4.57/wear
Black and grey striped skirt (thrifted, Loft), $0.75/wear
Light grey blazer (JNY), $1.76/wear
Owl necklace (Kohls), $1.18/wear
Burgundy/magenta floral scarf (Target), $3.33/wear
Grey sweater tights
Grey ankle boots by Seychelles, $5.38/wear

Outfit total: $16.97/wear

In addition to this semi-boho articulated owl pendant, I made a faux-infinity scarf from the long burgundy/magenta floral scarf that ruined one white t-shirt and almost ruined another when I wore the scarf before thoroughly hand-washing the extra burgundy dye out of it.  I was actually feeling a little paranoid about wearing the scarf with this light grey blazer even after washing it.  But I really liked the bit of brightness it added to the dark and neutral hues, so I wore it and hoped for the best.


I love the taupe-grey color of this otter mini satin, who demonstrates how a pop of pink can look great with neutrals.


In other news...Work, dinner, Pokemon, laundry, bed.  An exciting day, no?  No.  As I prefer.

I will leave you with this Regarding the Secret Life of Rabbit comic.

From regardingcomic.tumblr.com

No comments: