Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Side by Side

"Color of the...Well, Two Years Ago"--Wednesday, 2/22/17

In this blog post from last January, the 2015 Pantone color of the year, Marsala, is paired with black and leopard print.

From savvy-southern.blogspot.com

After yesterday's rather hectic outfit, this seems sedate by my standards.  (Note that my pink Fitbit looks awesome in this combo.)  With the unseasonably warm weather, I had to hope that a single layer of cotton sweater wouldn't be too warm--and that turned out mostly true.  My office tends to get warm for the last hour of my work day if it is at all warm outside (like 55 F or more), and especially so when it's sunny, but with my fan running, I can usually cope.  Today I ran the fan on low all day and was very comfortable.  And then when I was halfway to my car after work, I realized I'd left my (lightweight spring) coat inside.  So tomorrow I'll be walking into work at the coldest part of the day without a jacket and back during the warmest part of the day, hopefully with one.


Black pullover sweater (thrifted, Macy's), $0.90/wear
Burgundy skirt (Nordstrom), $2.12/wear
Brown leopard scarf (Kohls), $1.66/wear
Black tights + black mary janes by Hush Puppies, $3.53/wear

Outfit total: $8.21/wear

This mini rex has gorgeous black-and-brown fur.  I'm really not familiar with this particular color in rabbits.  I wish I'd taken a photo of the sign on the cage so I would know what it's called.  Beautiful, though, by any name.  (Mottled dark chocolate?)


In other news...Have you seen this fascinating side-by-side comparison of articles that Facebook might display for conservatives vs. liberals?  That's a really terrible description, actually.  Well, they have a methodology page where they explain it, so you can check that out.

No comments: