Friday, March 31, 2017

Tentacool for School

Well, we've made it to Friday, and next week is spring break in Coldville...not that I have any time off or anything.  But things are generally quieter during that week when school isn't in session and a lot of people in my building take time off.  Of course, now that I say that, Monday is going to be one emergency after another.  Knock wood it won't be.  In any case, I have a weekend between now and then, to which I say, Huzzah!  Even if we do need to do our taxes and finish taking down the Christmas tree.  (I know, I'm ridiculous.  But it's happening this weekend, I tell you!)

"Vest Week #3: Quilted but Polished"--Wednesday, 3/29/17

I saw some outfits pairing aqua and cobalt blue.

#1:  She wore this lacy blue top and aqua skirt to celebrate moving with her husband into their own apartment over the summer.  Moving house is a lot of work.  Wearing blue and aqua together is easy.

From besosfromamerica.com

#2:  She wore this "ombre" outfit to meet for the first time an out-of-town blogger who was visiting her home town.  Meeting new people can be stressful.  Wearing a tonal outfit is relaxing.

From whitneyalamode.blogspot.com

But then when I tried it myself, I was like, Meh.  I tried substituting a navy skirt for the cobalt one and still a no go.  Then I tried a cream sweater and a navy quilted vest and started getting some traction.  So here is my "lightweight sweater with quilted vest and pencil skirt for work" vest outfit that bears no resemblance to these fine inspiration photos.


Cream pullover sweater (Macy's), $6.40/wear
Navy skirt (Walmart), $3.75/wear
Navy quilted vest (thrifted, Kohls), $1.37/wear
Red/pink/navy/beige floral scarf (Lands End), $4.00/wear
Navy tights + navy ankle boots by Seychelles, $6.67/wear

Outfit total: $22.19/wear

Maybe when the weather warms enough that I'm not wearing tights, I will revisit the aqua + cobalt color combination--I think part of my problem was that the blue skirt + navy tights just wasn't doing it for me.  But for this cooler transitional season, I really enjoyed wearing this outfit.  Of course, a long flowing still-relatively-new scarf can't hurt on that front.


The cream-colored arm in my outfit photo reminded me a bit of the white wing patch of this sleeping (eclipse) American wigeon.


In other news...My favorite part of this comparison is the "mating behavior often observed by a hidden David Attenborough" attribute.

This post is brought to you by Tentacool, a Pokemon I keep hatching over and over again.

No comments: