Sunday, March 26, 2017

You are Feeling Drowzee

"Casual Navy Friday"--Friday, 3/24/17

For this outfit, Imogen recommended keeping your denim "dark and distressing free for the most professional look"--check.  But I fell apart on the "button up shirt" and "blazer" aspects of this combination. 

From insideoutstyleblog.com

Oh well, the head of my department was wearing Crocs on Thursday (!) and a (male) coworker was wearing olive cargo pants with olive Chucks on Friday (which looked awesome) so I think what I came up with was perfectly acceptable for my office.


Long-sleeved navy striped top (Joe Fresh/JCP), $4.40/wear
Navy quilted vest (thrifted, Kohls), $1.65/wear
Flared jeans (thrifted, Lane Bryant), $0.13/wear
White/blue/yellow floral scarf (Target), $1.71/wear
Navy ankle boots by Seychelles, $7.00/wear

Outfit total: $14.89/wear

I didn't wear any of the dark cognac accessories from the inspiration photo either, so here's a cinnamon rabbit to make up for it.


In other news...OK, you all are familiar with the Internet sensation Maru, right?  The box-loving cat with the name that is so fun to say (try it right now with lengthened vowels and see what I mean: Maaaah-rooooo).  If not, oh my God let's change that right now.  If so, this video needs no more introduction than for me to observe that Maru is now in the Guinness Book of World Records for most views of an animal on YouTube.  And that's fighting some stiff competition, right?  Enjoy this "retrospective of Maru's paradoxical life."  (Thanks to Robert for sharing this link.)

This post is brought to you by Drowzee, a common Friday afternoon work companion.


No comments: