Saturday, March 11, 2017

Hey Peeps

"Pep(lum) In My Step"--Friday, 3/10/17

Friday of an unexpectedly mentally exhausting week...I wasn't peppy exactly, but I was happy about the work week coming to an end. 

Not so happy about the return of Serious Winter with a low of 5 F and a high of 18 F.  Especially since the outfit I'd put together wasn't really warm enough for that.  Well, thanks to the addition of a pair of trouser socks and the heating pad I use as a seat warmer at work, I managed to do OK.


*Burgundy peplum pullover sweater (Loft), $17.44/wear
Skinny jeans (JCP), $0.40/wear
Black tipped blazer (JNY), $3.41/wear
Beige/pink birds scarf (Kohls), $1.25/wear
Black buckle flats by Me Too, $2.33/wear
(unpictured because I forgot) Gold tassel necklace (Kohls), $0.83/wear

Outfit total: $25.66/wear

This otter mini rex wears black with white edging every day.  What effortless chic.


In other news...Study suggests that humblebragging might work in interview situations, when asked the dreaded "What is your weakness?" question, if your goal is to seem more competent, dependable, and flexible.  (They specifically tested the classic "perfectionism" and "too enthusiastic about work" responses.)

I know that it's not even St Patrick's Day yet, but I'm already getting excited about that most wonderful time of the year...Easter!  Rabbit holidays are the best holidays.  Get yourself in that Eastery mood by perusing this slideshow of past Peeps Tournament of Champions winning dioramas.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Where were the Hidden Peeps? Doesn't seem right to enter a Peeps diorama contest and not have any visible Peeps.

Sally said...

I didn't see the hidden Peeps either.