Friday, March 3, 2017

You Can't Argue with Science

"Meteorological Spring Florals"--Friday, 3/3/17

My outfit was inspired by the grey jacket + orange scarf combination at the bottom right of this outfit array I saw on Pinterest.

From Pinterest

One of the bloggers I read is an atmospheric sciences grad student who mentioned on March 1 that it was the start of meteorological spring. Are you familiar with this concept? I wasn't, but here is a basic explanation.

Anyway, it's fitting that for my sartorial Winter/Spring season that I'm sporting (haha) a wool hunting jacket...


Grey herringbone hunting jacket (thrifted, Relativity), $1.69/wear
Denim trousers (thrifted, Boden), $1.05/wear
Dark grey long-sleeved top (Kohls), $1.50/wear
Coral/beige/blue floral scarf (thrifted), $3.00/wear
Grey socks + grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan, $6.60/wear

Outfit total: $13.84/wear

...and a saturated pastel (my favorite kind) floral scarf. 


And to take us into the weekend, some back-to-back Japanese action...or inaction, as the case may be.


In other news...Lately my typical daily outfit cost-per-wear has been so reasonable--under $15 for the last two weeks, for example.  Well, with my recent Loft order having arrived and a few days of warmer temperatures coming up, you can kiss the $15 cost per wear good-bye for a bit as I bring out some fun new things.

To get yourself in the spirit of dressing for warmer weather, please enjoy this smattering of snarky micro-fiction inspired by the Spring 2017 Madewell lookbook, and take a moment to be thankful you aren't any of these women (and you aren't wearing any of their outfits).

2 comments:

Mom said...

Gotta love the white overalls with the ripped knees. Seriously, I've never understood wearing clothes with deliberate rips in them. When my clothes rip, which isn't often, I get rid of them. Maybe I should sell them instead!

Sally said...

Yeah, that seems to be a thing that goes in and out of style. Currently, it's in.