Thursday, March 23, 2017

Need-a-bun

Second favorite quote from Wednesday's developer meeting:  "So send fluffy bunny thoughts my way."  If she wants fluffy bunnies, she's come to the right person.  She will be getting some fluffy rabbits photos by email.  Muahahahaha.

"Lucky Rabbits"--Friday, 3/17/17

For a day of green and luck, how could I not wear the green rabbit blouse, right? 


Cream/dark green rabbit blouse (Loft), $3.72/wear
Denim skirt (thrifted, Levi's), $0.45/wear
Dark green blazer (thrifted, Target), $2.00/wear
Blue/green pearl statement necklace (Target), $2.69/wear
Black tights
Black ankle boots by Sam Edelman, $1.79/wear

Outfit total: $10.65/wear

I was very happy to have a chance to wear this green blazer with the black lapels again while the weather is cold enough and the color doesn't seem too opposed to the overall Easter-y pastel vibe of spring.  I think of this as an autumn piece, but I really should wear it more in winter, too.  It's funny--because of the black details, I think of it as being not terribly versatile, which is ridiculous because I wear black in winter all the time.  In this outfit, I think the hints of black on the blazer made the black tights + boots look a bit more intentional than the reality of "well it's Coldville so of course I've gotta be wearing tights and boots of some sort and I'm not really going to invest in dark green tights and boots so...black it is!"


In other news...If you haven't gotten enough of the sexism at Uber and in Silicon Valley generally, here are two articles worth reading.  I found the discussion around the effects of unconscious-bias training in the Atlantic article fascinating for obvious reasons.

Lately, I can relate to Sammy in this comic.  With me, this experience is often followed by "Waaaah, why did I do that?  Robert, fix it!"


This post is brought to you by Nidoran (female).  She's a kind of rage-y rabbit, so I like to feed her razzberries to calm her down before catching her.


Speaking of rage-y bunnies, check out this Regarding the Secret Life of Rabbits comic:


Yep, I can relate to that one, too.

No comments: