Monday, March 20, 2017

March Sadness

It's been something of a rough couple of weeks for me.  I know that the political situation alone is enough to get a person depressed, but add to that cold winds that bring tears to your eyes within minutes, the time change that takes forever to adjust to, generalized fatigue, the sense of fighting off the onslaught of multiple would-be illnesses at once, and the hopelessness of my workplace's budget for the coming fiscal year (and the attendant anxiety of the inevitable impending layoffs), and it sucks.  Oh, did I mention being so freaking tired? Yeah, I am.

There's pretty much fuck all I can do about most of these things, so I've been relying on a distraction strategy to get me through, which is sort of at odds with blogging, an introspective endeavor. 

I have been able to exercise all but 1 day so far this month (some Pokemon Go, some exercise bike/Agents of SHIELD) so it could be worse.

Last night I went to bed with a fever and overall body aches, and I slept better than it felt like I should be able to, I guess due to overwhelming exhaustion.  Today I stayed home from work and despite my best efforts, didn't manage to get any more sleep.  I did develop a headache late in the afternoon, though, which didn't improve anything.  I pretty much need to be put in an induced coma for a few weeks to get enough rest.

So...yeah, some variant of the above is what you've been missing lately during my blogging hiatus.  You're welcome.

"Purple Homebody"--Monday, 3/20/17

A sunny day and a high temperature of 53 F, so 70 F or so inside the apartment.  It's odd, I'm actually dressing in spring-like clothing (if not spring-like colors) on the first day of spring.  Not a familiar feeling these last few years.



Burgundy/mint birds blouse (Loft), $8.33/wear
Black skinny jeans (thrifted, YMI), $0.33/wear
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $1.72/wear
Purple/gold medallion necklace (Macy's), $1.70/wear

Outfit total: $12.08/wear

This bunny says, You had a pity party and didn't even invite me?  Harrumph.


In other news...This is pretty cute.  I think Bert and Oscar steal the show...but I always think that.

4 comments:

Jen M. said...

Sorry you've been sick! I have missed your posts. Rick has been super sick too and lil P has had a lingering cough, which is slowly getting better. Time change still has us messed up too. Bleh. Like your blouse though 👚

Mom said...

I'm sorry, too, that you've been sick. I hope you get well soon. Gotta admit that Bert and Ernie were good. I really enjoyed that video.

Sally said...

Thanks! I'm sorry your family has been sick too. It makes everything feel more difficult. I will admit that I like having some extra after-work light with daylight savings time, but man, the adjustment is just so rough!

Sally said...

Sesame Street rulz the school!