Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mostly Pants This Week: Part 2

Purply Goodness -- Wednesday, 6/18/14

OK, it's easy to see how a white knit blazer is a useful wardrobe addition, but purple suede pumps?  Really?  And yet, yes.  I find them surprisingly practical...perhaps because my ratio of pants-too-long-for-flats to shoes-that-aren't-flats-but-also-aren't-interview-heels is too high, but whatever.  These shoes are awesome looking, comfortable (under my normal office conditions), and seem to go with a lot of things in my closet.


*Light purple floral knit shirt (thrifted)
*Purple shrug (thrifted)
Dark 'denim' pants from Kohls
Purple suede pumps (thrifted)
Hammered silver necklace from Jones New York

Barbie Pink -- Thursday, 6/19/14

I continue to surprise myself with the amount of hot pink in my wardrobe.  Well, it's definitely useful to realize I have a hot pink cardigan when I'm putting together an outfit around this navy top with a bright pink design, one of several "shift blouses" that I ordered from Nordstrom a while back (sisters to the navy bird top).  I'm looking forward to recreating this basic outfit -- shift blouse, lightweight cardigan/jacket, necklace, pants -- over and over this summer.  And seriously, am I totally ready to be named assistant deputy mayor of Matchy-Matchy Town or what?


*Navy and hot pink shift blouse from Nordstrom
Hot pink cardigan from Macy's
Navy pants (thrifted, 88 cents)
Blue pointy-toed flats from Nordstrom
Bright pink necklace from Outfit Additions

Tried and True Saves My Ass, and the Rest of the World From My Ass -- Friday, 6/20/14

Friday has no photo because I had a before-work panic as I realized that the newly thrifted top I had selected to wear with my black ankle pants was too short to wear with them -- those pants are both sort of lower rise than I usually wear and are a bit big in the waist, making them a little dangerously low rise if I'm not careful with top selection.  I rejected the original shirt and about 4 more before I decided, Fuck it, I'm going to wear the flowery Lands End blouse I wore with these pants the first time (it's both long and sort of oversized/flowy so it works very well here even without a cardigan).  I added a chunky silvery necklace (which thank the gods I have because in addition to the length issue, I also had a neckline issue -- I had mistaken a freckle on my skin for a smudge and had gouged at myself, leaving a conspicuous red mark high on my chest -- it was just that kind of fucking morning, you know?) and the black LifeStriders flats and was done with it.  It seems silly to repeat outfits already, given how many other things I have to wear, but I just had no time or energy to figure out something else.

It did make me realize that as much as I like those comfy black ankle pants, the low rise is a limitation.  (Note to self: Always test the top with these pants ahead of time.)  When I got home from work, I ordered a couple of pairs of ankle pants (in brighter colors -- blue! hot pink!) from Kohls to see if I can find another casual Friday-in-summer pair of pants.

....And now that the ankle pants have arrived, I can report: um, no.  These ankle pants are not my friend.  I've ordered blue and hot pink Dockers; we'll see if they work better.

No comments: