Monday, July 21, 2014

A Warm Week in Snow City: Part 2

Meow -- Thursday, 7/10/14

I really loved how this outfit came together.  Something about the beige jacket, black pants, and beige with black toe-cap shoes combination makes me really happy.  It feels so smart and put together.  Add to this an unusual animal print top with both beige and black in the pattern and what's not to like?


I was initially stumped when it came to picking a necklace for this outfit, but after considering and rejecting several candidates, I decided on this "planet" necklace in a combination of dark and light neutrals.  (What I really wanted was a gold chain necklace, which I did not have....at the time.  I have gotten one since then.)


*Purple/beige animal print blouse (Macy's)--another sister to the Anne Klein blouse I bought for my interviews
*Beige knit jacket (Nordstrom)--my love for this style continues unabated; I have 3 of them now
Black pants (thrifted)
Beige toe-cap flats (Clark's brand)
Mixed neutrals "planet" necklace (Kohls?)

Casual Friday Number Crunching Barbie -- Friday, 7/11/14

It's Friday and I'm not wearing a denim skirt or black ankle pants, nor have I succumbed to the temptation to wear jeans.  The two pairs of bright colored Dockers that I ordered online from the Dockers site (since apparently this style/color combo was not available from anyone else I could find, weird) are going to be adding a welcome mix-up to Fridays this summer.  (Writing this makes me realize, Oh crap, I've slipped in my old Texas mindset in which summer is a thing that lasts forever, but really, it's only a matter of weeks, not months, now.)

I still don't see myself as a hot pink kind of person, but the evidence of the outfits on this blog demonstrates otherwise.  My preference for hot pink is revealed in all its bright, happy glory.  Bright pink pants?  Gold slippers?  I can't tell if this is more Barbie doll or Disney princess.  Whichever one spends more time using SPSS and Excel, I guess.


*Pink/white striped drapeneck top (Lands End)
*Hot pink pants (Dockers)
Pink necklace (Outfit Additions)
Gold flats
Off-white knit cardigan (Kohls)

1 comment:

mom said...

I really liked the "planet" necklace with that outfit. It would go with so many things I can see why you got it. And, who doesn't like Barbie and Disney princesses, after all!