Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Is This Summer?: Part 2

A Nervous Data Cruncher -- Thursday, 6/26/14

I wore this simple, comfortable outfit on the day that was second only to my very first day at my new job in degree of nervous anticipation -- it was the day I was set to work on a fresh set of important, highly visible data, with another person, under timelines that were not stressful, but were not relaxed either.  Everything turned out fine in terms of producing the reports (though the results themselves were not wonderful -- though not unexpectedly bad either). 

I actually rarely feel anxious about an upcoming day at work.  I'm pretty much a behind-the-scenes number cruncher at this point, so I don't have many awkward meetings or stressful presentations or whatever.  The number of emergency requests with a lot of urgency are relatively few.  This week, for example, has been great because my boss (who is on vacation) left me with marching orders to update/revamp some reports -- it's a nice combination of interesting/challenging enough to keep me engaged while not too stressful.  It's been relaxing somehow (if tiring, as work continues to be for me even after 3 months).

I spent the day working in my colleague's office, which gets warmer than mine in the afternoon, allowing me to answer this post's title with "Yes, yes it is."


*Red striped button-up shirt (thrifted)
Black Dockers pants (thrifted)
Leopard pointy-toed flats from Nordstrom
Seed pearl necklace by RB

Radiant Orchid -- Friday, 6/27/14

"Radiant Orchid" is the Pantone color of 2014.  Whatever the hell that means.  In my case it means, Hey, these shoes that I bought last year are totally cool now.

Also, this shirt.  Man.  It fits like it was made for me.  I wish I could buy it in a dozen different colors/patterns - I would be good to go for the summer.  I bought it while I was thrifting with my mom and her sister at Christmas.  It was not an 88 cent item, but it was worth well more than the $5 or so I spent on it.

Radiant orchid and plaid -- what more does a person need for a Friday of data crunching?  A denim skirt, naturally, but you know I've got that covered.


*Purple plaid shirt (thrifted)
Denim skirt (thrifted)
Silver pendant (thrifted)
"Radiant orchid" flats by Born


I'm enjoying this simple pendant as an understated necklace to wear with a v-neck shirt.  I love the look of longer pendants, station necklaces, etc., on smaller-chested women, but since that length does not work so well on me, I like having this low-flash necklace that nevertheless seems to complete an outfit for me.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Isn't that shirt similar to some...pants? pajamas? another shirt? that you own[ed]?

mom said...

Both outfits look great and fit very nicely. I really like the silver pendant. I can't believe it is a thrifted item.

Sally said...

Tam, yeah, it's actually pretty similar to an old pair of pants I made in high school from a purple/pink paisley/plaid print (aka 5P).

Mom, thanks!