Thursday, July 24, 2014

Life After Fussball: Part 2

My boss was out of the office on vacation last week, and his boss (our department head) was out a bit with illness (something has been making the rounds), but it was not a matter of cats away, mice will play.  I got through the work my boss had left for me on Thursday morning and started working on something to help my office mate.  So I had a kind of bad-ass data cruncher feeling last week.

On Friday, I sent a batch of reports to our CEO for the first time.  It actually made me kind of nervous to do it.  Hah.

Gift From My Mom -- Wednesday, 7/16/14

It finally warmed up enough to wear another item my mom gave me at Christmas time, this lightweight tie-neck blouse from Lands End.  It's an interesting combination of lightweight fabric and dark, autumnal colors.  I don't mind wearing dark colors in summer, though, and I think it will work very well with a cardigan or jacket as we get into fall.  (I actually wore it part of the day with the same off-white 3/4 length sleeve t-shirt cardigan I wore with my pink Barbie outfit last Friday, and that helped lighten the look.)


*Burgundy/navy paisley tie-neck blouse (Lands End, gift)
Navy pants (thrifted, 88 cents)
Mustard flats

How Many of These Blouses Did I Buy? -- Thursday, 7/17/14

I knew I really liked the simplicity of these lightweight, short-sleeved blouses from Kohls for wearing alone with pants for work, but man, I ended up with more of them than I thought.  I'm not complaining, though--the style is plain enough that with the variety of colors/patterns that I have, wearing them does not feel repetitive.  It doesn't make for exciting fashion blogging or whatever, but I love this formula outfit and will just keep on wearing it.


*Pink/white/black short-sleeved blouse (Kohls)
Black linen pants (thrifted)
Black wedges (thrifted)
Coral swag necklace (Kohls)

And the End to Another Week -- Friday, 7/18/14

I have been wearing a lot of pants to work lately.  It's definitely time to change things up.  But I definitely enjoyed wearing another pair of bright Dockers to work on Friday.  My pants colors for the week were brown, grey, navy, black, and bright blue -- a nice bit of variety there.


*Blue/white striped shirt (thrifted)
*Bright blue pants (Dockers)
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom)
Silver pendant (thrifted)

1 comment:

mom said...

You had a very colorful week, wardrobe-wise. The burgundy blouse looks very nice on you. I loved the blue striped shirt. Stripes being one of my favorites and blue being one of my favorites, too.