Saturday, July 19, 2014

Independence Week: Part 2

Independence Eve -- Thursday, 7/3/14

Of course I had to do red, white, and blue for the 3rd of July, my last work day before the holiday.


Red mixed media blouse (Nordstrom)
White knit jacket (Nordstrom)
*Navy pants (Kohls)--Dockers brand but not a 100% cotton fabrication; they're more like typical wear-to-the-office pants than I think of Dockers as being
Blue pointy-toed flats
*Silver with red ribbon necklace (Kohls)

Independence Day -- Friday, 7/4/14

Welcome to July 4 in Snow City, where you can comfortably wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a t-shirt weight cardigan to watch the fireworks.  For some reason, I found the fireworks kind of scary this year, and spent the whole time with my arm tucked into Robert's arm and my body increasingly huddled against his. 

We saw a few dogs down at the river with their humans for the fireworks, including a King Charles spaniel. I took comfort in thinking that the dogs were probably scared of the loud bangs, too.

Otherwise, it was a super lazy day of sleeping in, crossword puzzles, computer games, and the usual weekend stuff.


White T-shirt (Amber Sun brand--I think from Macy's)
Blue T-shirt cardigan (Lands End)
Red bubble necklace (Outfit Additions)
Blue jeans
*Red plaid slip-on sneakers from my mom

Haircut Outing -- Saturday, 7/5/14

I finally went to get my hair cut.  See, you can tell it must be above my shoulders now, right?  I guess it takes a three day weekend for me to feel like I have the energy to do something this strenuous.  It was a warmer, no jacket kind of day, and I felt seasonally appropriate with a flower necklace.

If I recall correctly, this was the day Robert and I drove past a small farmer's market/produce stand and saw a rabbit sitting in and eating the grass.  We were able to find a good vantage spot to watch the bunny for a while before he headed off into a bushy zone.  A bunny day is a good day.


* Black and white flower necklace (Kohls)

Keeping That Color Combination Going -- Sunday, 7/6/14

I celebrated the last day of the long weekend with more red, white, and blue.  I like the versatility of this ponte jacket I bought at Target -- it is soft, comfy, and casual enough to wear with jeans and plaid sneaks even though I got it as a work item.  I spent a lot of the day curled up in my chair next to the A/C vent, so a top layer was quite welcome.

This outfit was brought to you in large part by my mom.  Thanks, Mom!


*White/navy flower t-shirt from my mom
Navy ponte jacket (Target)
Blue jeans
Red plaid slip-on sneakers from my mom

1 comment:

mom said...

I'm so glad you can wear the red plaid sneakers. I just absolutely love them. And, I remember the t-shirt. I'm glad you can wear that, too.