Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Warm Week in Snow City: Part 1

Will I Ever Tire of This Formula? -- Monday, 7/7/14

No signs of it happening any time soon.


Coral/white/black shirt (Kohls)
Black Dockers (thrifted)
Black Lifestrides flats
*Coral swag necklace (Kohls)


I like the "fill in the v-neck and add texture" quality of this new necklace.

3 Month Anniversary -- Tuesday, 7/8/14

Woo, three months at my new job!  And they went so fast.  I took the afternoon off from work to celebrate--well, no, actually, to go to the dentist.  But as I recounted here, it was a great day for a walk and I had good news from the dentist, so all was good.

I had initially wanted to wear this shirt with a pair of grey pants, but since my grey pants remained in a pile waiting to be hemmed, I turned to the white/black microcheck pants that look grey from a distance.  I think I liked the subtle pattern in the pants better than a solid grey with this top.  Better styling through laziness.


*Magenta pleated blouse (thrifted)
Black/white microcheck pants (thrifted)
Grey flats
Grey big-bead necklace (Macy's)

Midweek Blues -- Wednesday, 7/9/14

Over the weekend, we went to Kohl's for me to return some necklaces that I didn't like, and I bought this blue sort-of tie-dye-looking scarf with the money I'd earned back from my recent purchases.  I don't prefer buying an infinity scarf to a regular scarf (since the latter allows for more variability in styling and can be easily tied into a fauxfinity scarf) but I just adored the print on this one.


*Cobalt blouse (Kohls)
*Blue tie-dye scarf (Kohls)
Navy pants (Kohls)
Light blue flats (Nordstrom)

1 comment:

mom said...

I really like the coral print shirt. The necklace looked very nice with it. Another winner, as were the others.