Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mostly Pants This Week: Part 1

After enjoying the experience of wearing skirts and dresses without tights, I remembered how annoying it is to have to shave your legs in the summer, and switched to pants.  (I have such very light colored hair on my arms and legs that it actually doesn't show up as a color -- not even blonde -- but instead is an almost white-gold that shimmers in the sunlight.  That sounds weird but it's the best way I can describe it.) In casual situations, I don't even think much about how recently I've shaved before wearing leg-bearing clothes, but I figure for work I'll try to avoid being noticeably furry, or shimmery, on my legs.

Red, Black, and White, A Classic Combination -- Monday, 6/16/14

I only wore a skirt on Monday (with my starting-to-shimmer legs) because I had originally put this outfit together as a possibility for the previous Friday, then decided to save it for the next week because it was dressy enough (by my standards) for a non-Friday workday.

Now that I have a white blazer, I wonder how I lived without one for so long.  I could pretty much wear it every day through the summer. Wear it with anything with white in the pattern for immediate outfit cohesion.


*Red drape-front blouse from Macy's (identical style to my aqua interview top)
Black skirt with white flowers (thrifted)
White knit blazer from Nordstrom
Light grey wedge flats
Ruby heart necklace (gift from my parents)

Braindead Simple -- Tuesday, 6/17/14

It doesn't get any easier than black pants, black shoes, and shirt with black in the pattern.  On a warm day, you don't even need a jacket or cardigan.  (This did not stop me from bringing my black 'travel' cardigan with me just in case -- see I'm becoming a Snow City-ite now and don't trust it will stay warm -- but I didn't wear it.)


Seafoam green 'chain' pattern shirt from Kohls
Black striped pants (thrifted)
*Black pointy-toed flats, BP Moveover, from Nordstrom
Black sparkly necklace from Kohls

No comments: