Sunday, June 22, 2014

All Necklaces: Part 1

Another hallmark of this new spring/summer season, wearing necklaces instead of scarves. 

A Different Take on Beige -- Tuesday, 6/3/14

Oh cotton skirts, how I have missed you!  I could probably build a wardrobe of 100 cotton skirts from thrift stores so I actually am trying to be pickier at this point about buying a skirt that fits and that I like and is $5 -- I mean, it's so easy just to take them all.  I think this one is a great spring/summer skirt for work because (a) it's knee length, (b) it's comfortable, and (c) combines two neutrals (beige and black) with two light colors (pink and blue) so it's easy to match with other things.  (And like many but by no means all cotton skirts, it's lined so I don't have to supply my own slip, which is a dealbreaker for me.)  In this case, it was a no-brainer to finally try out this very lightweight waist-tie cardigan.  I like that I have a lot of beige (which I feel is a very seasonally-appropriate neutral) without being last-season-Skyler-White about it.


*Beige waist-tied cardigan (thrifted)
Black knit top (thrifted)
Black/pink/beige floral skirt (thrifted)
Beige/black captoe flats from Zappos
Pink necklace from Outfit Additions

Nope, Not Wearing It With Black -- Wednesday, 6/4/14

This top is black and white with smaller squares of grey and blue.  It would have been so easy to wear it with black -- and I have no doubt whatsoever that this will happen -- but I decided to try bringing out the grey and blue instead.  I like that all of the pieces are of the same kind of stretchy, drapey fabric; that definitely added an extra level of cohesion to this whole thing.  (And a nice contrast to the mega-cotton festival on Tuesday.)


*Grey stretchy skirt from Target -- it's a little too short when worn at the waist so I had to pull it down a couple of inches; fortunately the stretchy fabric was comfortable enough to do this
*Black/white/grey/blue geometric pattern top from Kohls
Cobalt blue cardigan from Lands End
Blue pointy-toed flats from Nordstrom (LOVE LOVE LOVE this style)
Blue sparkly necklace from Kohls

2 comments:

mom said...

I don't wear beige. It really washes me out and looks very blah on me. However, your beige outfit looks really good on you. I like the floral skirt.

Sally said...

Yes, beige is a tricky color on blondes. I'm sure you look fab with beige on the bottom and another color (e.g., pastel) on the top, though.