Saturday, June 28, 2014

Rainy June: Part 2

No Wet Leopards -- Thursday, 6/12/14

Yep, the rain continued, so I wore a pair of my weather-resistant Lands End shoes to work and carried my beloved grey leopard wedges in my bag.  (Although it was so warm in my office when I arrived that I ditched the socks almost immediately.  I don't think they start the [kind of pathetic] air conditioning until 8 a.m. so it's been pretty warm and quite muggy when I first get to work -- I usually arrive between 7:45 and 8:00.  Luckily it never got too warm for the scarf -- without it, the outfit would look pretty bland.)


Cream pullover sweater from Kohls (I think)
Dark grey pants (thrifted)
Grey leopard wedges
Grey/coral scarf from Target

An 88 Cents Well Spent -- Friday, 6/13/14

The day before Flag Day is an important holiday in our household.  I did not go full-on red, white, and blue in this outfit, but I did have the blue and white covered.



At some point in the day, I realized that I had gotten what appeared to be a light mustard stain on the light blue vest the last time I wore it -- it was not noticeable in the weak morning light of my not-very-well-light apartment, but it became obvious in the midday sun in my office.  So I took off the vest, mourned it slightly, brought it home a few hours later and threw it away.  I only got to wear the vest a couple of times but I am still quite pleased with my 88 cent purchase.  I don't think I would have otherwise considered the idea of wearing a sweater vest (let alone the t-shirt vest look I have tried and liked) if I hadn't stumbled upon this bargain.  It was worth more than 88 cents just as a proof of concept.  In Snow City, it's good to have as many layering options available as you can.  Even in June.



Navy/white striped knit shirt from Lands End
Light blue vest (thrifted, 88 cents)
Light blue flats from Nordstrom
Denim skirt (thrifted)
*Navy ponte blazer from Target

No comments: