Sunday, June 1, 2014

Still More New Clothes: Part 1

It's been great over the Memorial Day weekend to feel pretty much unmoved to shop the holiday sales.  I confess that I ordered a couple of knit blazers from Nordstrom, but I have been in the market for a white one for a while (I've tried a couple that haven't worked right) and they had a couple other really great-for-summer options that I have to try for the price.  But after all the Goodwill shopping I've been doing these past months, I still have an embarrassment of new-to-me, new-to-my-blog items to showcase in these outfit posts.

Thrifted Talbots -- Monday, 5/20/14

When I pulled this new skirt out of the closet, I laid it down on top of a drying rack that happened to have this sweater across the top.  Coral sweater, coral leaves on the skirt -- add brown boots, and it's done.  It was only later that I realized that the sweater and skirt were both originally from Talbots.


*Coral/pink/brown skirt, thrifted
Coral pullover sweater, thrifted
Brown leggings from Kohl's
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell
Orange lion necklace, thrifted

Thrifted Worthington -- Tuesday, 5/21/14

My accidental brand-matching outfit generation continued the next day with this simple pairing of Worthington (JC Penney brand) items put together using the "black pants worn with a top incorporating black and another color" formula.  (A warm day -- no jacket needed!)  The top is one of my 88c bargains from the Christmas thrifting outing with my mom and her sister (her sister, by the way, had thrifted an identical shirt for herself prior to this outing -- a favorite to purchase and a favorite to eventually replace?).


*Blue/black 88c flowy top, thrifted
Black striped pants, thrifted
Black buckle flats by Me Too
Light blue necklace from Jones New York

Silk: The Seasonless Fabric -- Wednesday, 5/22/14

Robert and I had shopped one weekend at the Goodwill boutique and it was mostly a bust.  They had some designer clothes I wasn't interested in; otherwise, it was nicer brands like you'd see at the normal Goodwill only with much higher prices.  I tried a few things on, but didn't find clothes that were worth the higher price.  (I make a point of shopping at the Goodwill in the higher-end suburb so I can buy e.g. a Banana Republic skirt for $5, not $20.)  But the trip was not a waste of time because in addition to the pendant I wore with the striped dress/floral jacket a while back, I also purchased a few scarves.  This green silk scarf made me really happy as something that I can wear year-round and match with these dark green pants.  I don't understand how silk works, but it seems to be cool enough to wear in the summer yet warm enough to wear in the winter. 


*White pullover sweater from Kohl's
Green pants from Kohl's
Black wedges, thrifted
*Green silk scarf, thrifted (Goodwill boutique)

No comments: