Friday, January 6, 2017

Baaaack

After a long, amazing holiday vacation--and a sucky bout of the flu that showed up during the drive home and kept me from work on Tues and Wed--I'm back in Snowville, where the temperature this morning is -11 F.  BAH.  I'm still somewhat in recovery mode from my flu (which I hope is not being quickly followed by a cold) so I don't have a lot of blogging brainpower/energy at the moment.  But let's get back into this, shall we?

"An Easter Scarf For All Seasons"--Thursday, 1/5/17

Having an aqua sweater myself, I quickly gravitated toward this aqua + grey-brown color combination.  I liked the clean color-block look of it too.

From alreadypretty.com

Unfortunately, I have only a comparatively boring dark brown skirt, but I made do.  I also added a teal puffy vest for extra warmth--the colors are not an exact match, but as my inspiration blogger Gracie is fond of saying, It doesn't match but it goes.


Aqua cashmere pullover sweater (Macy's), $6.67/wear
Teal puffy vest (Walmart), $2.25/wear
Brown corduroy skirt (thrifted, Walmart), $0.60/wear
Brown leggings
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $4.77/wear
White/blue/yellow floral scarf (Target), $2.40/wear

Outfit total: $16.69/wear

And as I'd already changed things up this much, I decided, What the hell, I'll add this pretty Easter scarf to the outfit, too.  It takes away from the color-block look but brings a welcome bit of Sally drape-and-flow while lightening the color combination.


For more out of season blue + brown, red-breasted mergansers on a local lake last fall.

No comments: