Friday, January 13, 2017

Black and White and Red All Over

"Long Jeans, Snowy Days"--Friday, 1/15/17

In a review of some JCP pieces from September 2015, this black and white top, maroon cardigan, and jeans outfit caught my attention as an autumn casual Friday option.

From pennypincherfashion.com

Instead of a long duster cardigan (because my eye has not adjusted to how a very long cardigan looks with jeans), I wore my cascading cardigan instead...and the White Rabbit watch for extra awesomeness.

And I hoped that by delaying wearing this "fall" outfit until mid-January that I hadn't totally screwed myself over.  Luckily it was only -6 F this morning instead of the -15 F that had been forecast, eh?  Anyway, when I got ready for work, I put on a red peacock feather infinity scarf that my sister had got me for my birthday and relished that little bit of extra warmth.  It looked fab, too.  (I've worn this scarf twice now without photographing it but just you wait...)


Black and white striped top with shoulder patches (Chaps/Kohls), $3.18/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Target), $1.25/wear
Drapey maroon cardigan (Coldwater Creek), $2.14/wear
Black wedges (thrifted), $0.26/wear
White Rabbit pocket watch pendant (Zad), $2.15/wear
Not pictured: Red peacock feather scarf (gift from my sister)

Outfit total: $8.98/wear

And yeah, I know, this cardigan looks better with skinny jeans.  I'm just enjoying this season's resurgence in popularity of bootcut/flared jeans, and since these are reasonably fitted in the thigh (not ultra tight but also not baggy like wide leg jeans), I think the effect is "flattering enough." 


This black-and-white Dutch rabbit is a seeker after truth and treats, probably not in that order.


In other news...This evening in desperation I took a Pokemon walk around my apartment building.  I have walked the halls before, but today I also tried walking the perimeter of the parking garage, which allowed me to get to the edges of the building and thus access Pokemon on the streets outside and the river better than I can from the hallways with apartments between us.  It was pretty worthwhile, Pokemon wise, and I got in some steps and hatched an egg.

No comments: