Friday, January 27, 2017

Cutesy Apres-Ski

"Purple Puff"--Friday, 1/27/17

Continuing my jeans + puffy/quilted vest casual Friday streak with a new purple vest.  I was unaccountably cold in my office until about 3:45 this afternoon, so wearing a vest with "insultation: 80% down 20% feathers" was less silly than it sounds.  (I really expected to remove the vest by lunchtime but it didn't happen.)  I was also comfortable wearing this vest while Pokemon walking in my parking garage after work.


*Purple puffy vest (thrifted, Lands End), $5.24/wear
Black pullover sweater (thrifted, Macy's), $1.12/wear
Bootcut jeans (thrifted, Kohls), $0.32/wear
Black/teal/purple chevron scarf (Kohls), $2.19/wear
Purple flats (thrifted, Target), $1.05/wear

Outfit total: $9.92/wear

Is it silly to wear this vest with cute flats with bows on the toes?  Probably.  But I just wasn't feeling ankle boots or something more wintry in feel...though naturally I wore all weather mocs outside and changed into the suede flats inside my chalet office because I may be seasonally confused but I'm not actually insane.  


Naturally wearing something this puffy puts me in mind of a lady mini lop with a big, winter-ready dewlap, a being of complete puffy awesomeness.


In other news...This Mathematica-designed database that I am working with on a federal-grant-funded project gets more frustrating all the time.  I think I've complained before that there isn't any kind of data validation on data entry, and that the database inexplicably requires you to do things like, If you entered a date in field A, you have to enter the date again in field B, because the Mathematica program that calculates the performance metrics based on the database performs different calculations on the two fields and is apparently incapable of auto-filling the second field.

So in preparation for the quarterly report February 15, in which the Mathematica program calculates our numbers, I am trying to clean up the database, which has all the usual data entry screw ups of any database plus these extra errors that are because the database is dumb as all fuck.  And when trying to fix the dates for field B so they all correspond appropriately with field A, I started getting this data validation error that meant that I couldn't save the change--a data validation error on other data that had been previously entered and saved by program staff.  WTF?  They decided in the third year of having this database that they needed data validation, but it only comes into play when you try to change the data in other fields?  I don't know.

All I know is that my opinion of Mathematica as a company has nose-dived since working on this project.

It's a good thing I was over my migraine before tackling this problem this afternoon.  Speaking of which, here is a photo of yesterday's Alice-heavy migraine outfit.

100% real outfit, not pajamas

"Off with her head"?  That might have helped my headache...

No comments: