Monday, January 30, 2017

Black, White, Olive Weekend

Wearing this color combination two days in a row was a complete coincidence, but since reading significance into random events is a defining human trait, let's go with it.

"Black, White, Olive #1: Neon Zebra"--Saturday, 1/28/17

Olive top, black skirt, and a quilted vest are the key components in this easy weekend outfit.

From alittlebitofcheer.com

I got a little more aggressive in my choices, with a wild zebra print vest and some serious pattern mixing with the addition of a neon polka dot scarf.

Don't be concerned; I am wearing a skirt with this, too.  It just somehow didn't make it into the photo.  But if you've seen me in a knit hiking skirt, leggings, and fuzzy boots once...


Black knit hiking skirt (Patagonia/REI), $2.31/wear
Olive pullover sweater (Kohls), $2.12/wear
Black and white zebra quilted vest (thrifted), $1.69/wear
Black leggings
Black fuzzy boots (Walmart), $2.22/wear
Black scarf (Target), $1.09/wear
Black neon scarf (Target), $2.67/wear

Outfit total: $12.10/wear

Today's photo goes way back to a zoo trip in December 2010...because that's the last time I took zebra pics.  Clearly I need to get my act together and take my new camera to a zoo once the weather warms up a bit!


"Black, White, Olive #2: Professor Barbie"--Sunday, 1/29/17

Yes, this professor is a zoologist specializing in African equids (hence the stripes).  In the field, she tends toward olive linen and bright pink sunglasses, but today she's dressed for library research.  (Or, well, playing Pokemon Go at the mall, but can you really blame her?)


Black and white striped top with shoulder patches (Chaps/Kohls), $2.92/wear
Olive corduroy blazer (thrifted, JCP), $2.33/wear
Bright pink scarf (Target), $1.33/wear
Skinny jeans (JCP), $0.44/wear
Olive leopard flats (Nordstrom Rack), $2.31/wear

Outfit total: $9.33/wear

This bunny isn't falling for the "library research" story at all.


In other news...I had a pretty good weekend until Sunday afternoon, when I started getting sick.  I can't tell whether I have a sinus infection or just really bad allergies right now, but I think it's going to be a tough week.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm afraid there's something going around. Lots of people in our town on "The Trail" videogame have been sick.

Sally said...

Ugh. Well, hopefully we will all return to a state of merely feeling sick at heart over the Trump presidency...

I'm not familiar with The Trail--will have to check it out.